Wednesday, September 28, 2011

5 reasons why I fired my Insurance broker – Poll Results are in!

1.       Service  issues......Timeliness and attention to detail are key!
2.       Didn’t understand my business and wasn’t pro-active in providing guidance.......I have to wear many hats; Need  a broker who can see whats down the road for my company.
3.       Didn’t comprehend my priorities.......Cost containment; Asset porotection; Contractual obligations!
4.       Other brokers asked and provided solutions  to my problems.......Under my priorities and in terms understand, show me how your products or services can help me!
5.       I felt I wasn’t valued enough – that I was a small fish........It would be nice to get a call more then once a year from my broker.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting Richard. Thanks!

    Although it is intriguing that price doesn't get a mention. In which case it either doesn't figure in the decision making process (a blatant lie!) or it is used as a smokescreen for a customer who has other "issues"! Insurers and many brokers are brainwashed by their own marketing and forget that our business is about relationship and communication NOT merely transactional.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely put David!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's what the survey says? I agree with David that insurance brokers should build interpersonal relationships with their clients. They should also complement their guidance with tips on how the company wants to be. The last one is too bad. Just one phone call in a year? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete